terry.paradise

I'm New Here
Yes, part way through engine install (B series O320 with oil sieve) and I want a filter. Folks, should it bolt straight on where the oil sieve is fitted using something like B&C MODEL BC700 LYCOMING OIL ADAPTER, or go remote onto the firewall with something like the Airwolf product? Has anyone any experience with this, and are their traps?
Terry
7a Downunder

Terry, welcome to the VAF forum.

I went with the angle adapter when I modified my first engine. (Check my website for details.)

When I replaced that engine with the O-360, I also installed an angle adapter. They have worked out well and there are fewer hoses running around the place. Not to mention, it is lighter and simpler to install.

Hey, love your site. Interested in how similar my 320 is to your 290. I wont get round to more work on it till next school holiday break. Something about being able to see some of your solutions. I might have a question or two for you down the track.
Cheers, Terry.

Terry,

I have used both a remote Airwolf filter, a striaght Lycoming adapter and a 90* ECi adapter. The 90* adapter is my favourite, with the filter at 11 o'clock - although it may need an extension (3 lengths available) to clear the engine mount. The only snag with the 90* is routing the breather hose, I have used a moulded 90* or 135* bent hose to avoid kinking a straight hose through the severe bend.

Pete
Gloster Air Parts

I have an airwolf remote mount

With the lifetime hoses, it works great, no mess oil change every time.
YMMV

Randy
8A