N57 OZ

I have to use the Whelan Strobe / Nav lights as I have tip tanks & no room behind to drill mounts for LED assemblies, trouble is I have wired for LED's & the fuse is too small (3A). Does anyone know of a LED with the same fitting that are a direct replacement for the incandescent bulbs. I suppose I could make a replacement using epoxy & the existing lamp but was wondering if there is an off the shelf unit.

Regards

Whelen

Whelen now has LED offerings. 71110 Series, I think.

They will be available via Van's.

James

I have them for you

I have to use the Whelan Strobe / Nav lights as I have tip tanks & no room behind to drill mounts for LED assemblies, trouble is I have wired for LED's & the fuse is too small (3A). Does anyone know of a LED with the same fitting that are a direct replacement for the incandescent bulbs. I suppose I could make a replacement using epoxy & the existing lamp but was wondering if there is an off the shelf unit.

Regards

I have the LED bulbs that will work for you. Send me a pm and I will get them off to you for what I paid for them. I went with the standard inc. bulbs on my install and never tried these. I dont think you will get the performance out of them to meet the FAR's, but they will work.