Achelis

Sponsor
20 years ago when I built my 6-A I got a great price on a used I0-360-A1B6 200 HP engine, and installed same in the plane. It turned out that lots of time and effort went in to modifying the engine mount and cowling to accommodate the larger angle valve engine; and Van's doesn't recommend this engine for installation in a 6-A.

I am now considering replacing the engine with a YIO-360-M1B 180 HP engine "bundled" with a new Hartzell C/S prop, but I have lots of questions regarding the size and configuration of the M1B vs my A1B6. More specifically:

* Is the front induction on the M1B the same as on the A1B6, and if so is it likely to fit into my cowling without additional modification?

* Are the accessories, throttle body, mixture, oil temp, oil pressure & temp sensors etc. similar between the two engines, or should I expect to encounter major modifications?

* Is the engine mount for the M1B the same as the A1B6?

Any other "here's what you are likely to encounter with the change" info greatly appreciated!

One more thing - I just noticed that I'm in arrears so dues paid to Doug for 2015 & 2016 this morning :eek:.

Thanks Again!