andrew phillips

Well Known Member
Superior IO-360. The gasket between the accessory drive (prop gov) and the engine block is leaking. I can get to the nuts and it look like I can slide the accessory drive aft. I just don't know how long the internal housing of the accessory drive is and whether I will be able to move the governor enough to the rear to allow the new gasket to be inserted. I would rather not have to pull the engine. I did also buy the gasket for between the governor and the accessory drive. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

No, you do not have to remove the engine for that.. The drive gear is fairly long, but it's possible w/o much trouble.

I just installed the whole contraption when I was switching to C/S prop, and it was all done with the engine on :)

This might give...

Superior IO-360. The gasket between the accessory drive (prop gov) and the engine block is leaking. I can get to the nuts and it look like I can slide the accessory drive aft. I just don't know how long the internal housing of the accessory drive is and whether I will be able to move the governor enough to the rear to allow the new gasket to be inserted. I would rather not have to pull the engine. I did also buy the gasket for between the governor and the accessory drive. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

...you an idea of the movement needed...

f257.jpg