acrofox

I'm New Here
I ordered a replacement HS-810 and HS-814, since I took a little too much off from the end of HS-814 (I think.. is the radius measured from the center of the hole, or the edge of the hole?) and was worried I'd do the same thing to HS810.

When the replacement parts came, they were just straight un-cut aluminum angle in the appropriate sizes.

Is that normal? I was concerned over even properly tapering the ends, but now I have much more to worry about with these two parts. I'm concerned that my tooling and knowledge isn't yet up to this level of fabrication.

-Fox

Me Too

I have to buy a new doubler for the same reason. I'm moving painfully slow because I have NO comfort level with this kind of work.

No help, but good luck,

Michael

You either ordered (or by mistake received) the wrong parts.

Look at your plans or original packing slip and be sure you are using the entire part number when you order.
If it has a -1 or a PP or some other designation, it will get you a part with a different level of completion (there has been an evolution of parts as kits became more and more prepunched, etc.)

"The List"

Since this thread is about replacement parts, has anyone put "The List" into an Excel file? I copied and pasted, but everything is in one column. It would be nice to have it in columns for the item #, name, and price. Im sure it can be done, I just don't know how to do it!

You either ordered (or by mistake received) the wrong parts.

Look at your plans or original packing slip and be sure you are using the entire part number when you order.
If it has a -1 or a PP or some other designation, it will get you a part with a different level of completion (there has been an evolution of parts as kits became more and more prepunched, etc.)

Hmm, then I'll call them up tomorrow.

I didn't want to be a loser and call them up to go "Heeey, why isn't my part cut to shape?" if it was custom for replacement parts to ship unfinished, but that not being the case, it sounds like it would be a good idea to call them.

Thanks fellas.

Hopefully I can get these parts trimmed up right and get a new HS-814 from Vans. I'm sure I can find some other use for the angle.

-Fox

Either way, that's how you learn. Make some mistakes, spend a few bucks, you will eventually get it. I replaced a fabricated piece on my HS 6 times before I got it. But now, I can fabricate anything.

edge distance

I'm not next to my ac-43 at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that edge distance is measured from the center of the hole. If you don't have a copy, you can download for free.

Charlie

Google Docs

Since this thread is about replacement parts, has anyone put "The List" into an Excel file? I copied and pasted, but everything is in one column. It would be nice to have it in columns for the item #, name, and price. Im sure it can be done, I just don't know how to do it!

Here you go ;)

A little How-To:
Download the list as a text file, then open it with your favorite text editor to remove everyhing before the title line (but please READ it, it contains important instructions that will prevent mistakes when ordering). Save and exit.
Now, open Excel, click on File->Open. Select .txt file type in the drop-down list and select your modified text file. Excel will now ask you how to process your file and break your lines into columns. Select the option that build columns based on a fixed length (it should be automatically detected), press Next and Finish, you're done.
Hope this helps

Last edited: