Randy

Well Known Member
I had one of those nasty flap retraction problems where the leading edge of the flap catches the trailing edge of the wing top skin and creates damage to both. I believe this was caused by someone putting way to much weight on the flap and I did not catch it during preflight. I have rigged them so they don't go down so far to prevent this faom happening again, I hope!

I got the wing top skin repaired but the flap leading edge has a new curve radius to it that probably cannot be fixed without reskinning it, or just replacing the flap. It had straightend out some and when I tried to recurve it via twisting it with a pipe it did not put the curve back to it's original arc, so it doesn't make good contact with the upper skin like it used to. It is probably just fine as it is but one of those things I will want to do something about before painting.

I am wondering how much a replacement flap would cost. Anybody have a right hand flap for RV7 laying around that they want to sell?

Van's might sell one also, I will have to check with them.

Randy C

Randy,

I've got a flap from an RV-8, I believe it is the same flap. Let me know if interested and we can talk price (I'm not thinking a whole bunch).

Cheers,

Bill

2xRV-8

I believe the flaps are actually not the same. I think the 'overhang' skin on the -8 is bigger. You may be able to trim it down to the -7 size though.

Randy,

I've got a flap from an RV-8, I believe it is the same flap. Let me know if interested and we can talk price (I'm not thinking a whole bunch).

Cheers,

Bill

2xRV-8

I have an email in to Van's, when they respond I will ask about the difference between the 8 flap and the 7 and get a price. Then I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Rancy C
RV7A Turbo Subaru STI working real good!