gcrane01

Anybody ever used one of the bigger Odossy batteries to replace the Concord 25RG-XC in an RV8. I need the weight in the back so the Odossy ES PC680 which is about 1/2 the weight probably won't work. Any other ideas. Looking for something that lasts a little longer than the Concord.
Thanks

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hey Greg, welcome to the force:D

Good to have you here.

I am using a Odyssey 925 in place of the standard aircraft batt, but is in a 10, not an 8.

Actually fits the tray with a little extra room, needed a spacer installed.

Anybody ever used one of the bigger Odossy batteries to replace the Concord 25RG-XC in an RV8. I need the weight in the back so the Odossy ES PC680 which is about 1/2 the weight probably won't work. Any other ideas. Looking for something that lasts a little longer than the Concord.
Thanks
Use two Odyssey PC625's in parallel. I have two 625's independently switched. Can easily start the engine on one while the avionics are powered by the other.

the pc-680

in my o-360 has been fine,light, small and powerful. welcome to the VAF FAMILY. :)
vafwwwmasthead.jpg

If you need the weight, then make a weight out of lead equal to the difference in the batteries and use the lighter battery? Larry

Odyssey 925 "L"

I just replaced my Concorde RG 25 XC with an Odyssey 925 "L". The Odyssey has slightly more weight than the Concorde. The "L" is for the positive post configuration (needed in my application for a replacement for the Concorde). My starter spins faster with the Odyssey.

The dimentions are almost the same (the Odyssey is about 1" smaller in length).

Thanks againq

After some measuring and as it turns out a guy in the next hangar, it appears the 925 will work great. I have a high compression engine (10 to 1) so the extra umph in the initial start will be appreciated. Now I have to make sure the prop is backed off the compression stroke or it won't spin it through. We shall see. I'll let you know.:)