Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
I'm starting to get the urge to build another RV. I have all the tools, a shop, the know how and I feel I'd do a nicer job on the next one. We all know that building an airplane is a lot of hard work and at times things don't go as well as planned which causes a bit of fallout now and then.

My significant other says it's my call, but she usually moves the lawyer's number up a notch or two on the speed dial and throws some clothes in her suitcase whenever I mention the idea.

For the repeat offenders among us. What was the experience like the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time compared to the first time around?

Paul,
I would say the best and safest thing for you to do is not get another project going at your house, but come over to my hangar and finish my plane! I have been working out of state and it is just sitting there, lonely, and nothing happening on it. It is jealous because there is a 7 being built next to it. Yes, I am sure that is the best thing you could do. Just let me know when you want to start!

I had it easy Paul - Louise suggested our second project becasue she wanted to build.

Eventually, they give in and resign themselves to the fact that it's part of your DNA. At least, that's been my experience.

My significant other says it's my call, but she usually moves the lawyer's number up a notch or two on the speed dial and throws some clothes in her suitcase whenever I mention the idea.

For the repeat offenders among us. What was the experience like the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time compared to the first time around?

I have a good friend who has been married five times. The last one has stayed +25 plus years, so apparently the 4th time around was just enough to learn the necessary skills ;)

Last edited:
Paul,

My cousin tells this story: He was well into a huge remodeling project adding an addition onto his log home. His wife mentioned to him that she'd be glad when this remodeling project was done. He said to her "Honey you don't understand...........remodeling isn't a project..........it's a lifestyle!"

I think the same reasoning may apply here! ;)

Jim

Paul,

My cousin tells this story: He was well into a huge remodeling project adding an addition onto his log home. His wife mentioned to him that she'd be glad when this remodeling project was done. He said to her "Honey you don't understand...........remodeling isn't a project..........it's a lifestyle!"

I think the same reasoning may apply here! ;)

Jim

What happened then? Did she decide to change her lifestyle too? :eek:

Paul, which new RV project are you contemplating?

Either another -8 or a -3 depending if she stays or not. :D:D

She was very supportive and hands on for the last one, but I think she'd sooner be out on her motorbike instead of in the shop. She's more of an ' I'd rather fly than build type'.

What was the experience like the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time compared to the first time around?

Paul, were you asking about experience with the better halves or experience with building... Or both ??? :D

I'm about 25% done with my 8 but already thinking that I'll miss the building when finished.

As for the better half... we'll have to see then!!! lol

Be very careful!

I was in the same boat and ordered the plans for a Pitts S1C. The day they arrived is the day my wife told me she was pregnant with our son.

Anyone want to buy Pitts S1C plans, only looked at once five years ago?

My second build was ok with my wife until our first child arrived, then she did not like it. It took a lot of convincing to build the Rv10. We knew how great it would be when it was done though, that helped. She reminds me often that she was a single mother of two during that build. In order to build my current and fourth build there was a rule in place, kids had to be in school. This one is going great and no bad comments yet. :D The only advise I can give, if there was issues that the first build created, make sure those get brought to the table up front. Then everyone is happy.

Bill - It appears the Pitts plans should come placarded with a warning - "known to cause pregnancy".

DanH - you get the award for best [alternate] interpretation of of a question !