jcaplins

Well Known Member
Can someone tell me the form I would need to apply for a repairman certificate?

I have this info at home from the EAA aircraft registration packet, but I'm not there and may have an opportunity to walk into a conveniently located FSDO and ask for one.

Also, Is it still true the from must be an original (carbon copy type) and can't be a printed PDF version of it?

(I've already put this off too long)

Thanks,

Thanks Sam!
I had my doubts that is the one I wanted.

A printed version of this one is OK with the Feds?

The inspector at the Bhm FSDO was ok with each side of the form being on a separate sheet.

However, he wanted me to fill out a fresh form after I arrived so he could be assured it was filled out the way he wanted it. I had used the EAA booklet as a go-by but he wanted a couple of things done differently.

Last edited:
And be prepared for a bit of a wait to receive the final repairmans certificate (looks just like your pilots license) in the mail. I went to the Lubbock FSDO on November 22 2016 and did all the paperwork, and received my repairmans certificate from OKC in the mail January 23 2017.

affidavit?

While making the appointment for the repairman's cert, the guy at the FSDO said I would need a notarized affidavit that I built the airplane, and this form is different from the one used in the registration/inspection process. I have never seen or heard of this form in all my info.

He said he would e-mail me a copy, but when reading my e-mail address over the phone, there is a pretty good chance it will be misspelled.

So... anyone heard of this affidavit? Have a copy?

Thanks,

While making the appointment for the repairman's cert, the guy at the FSDO said I would need a notarized affidavit that I built the airplane, and this form is different from the one used in the registration/inspection process. I have never seen or heard of this form in all my info.
He said he would e-mail me a copy, but when reading my e-mail address over the phone, there is a pretty good chance it will be misspelled.
So... anyone heard of this affidavit? Have a copy?
Thanks,

That would be the 8130-12. and it IS the same one used in the certification package.