N130PM

I somehow put this over in the RV-12 section so I'll post it here just in case.

The discussion on this board as to who can maintain an experimental results in anyone can do anything since part 43 excludes experimentals. So why do I need the repairmans cert? My FSDO had no idea what I was talking about and I listened to him google it for ten minutes. What if I don't have one, I already passed the test as the builder.

The discussion on this board as to who can maintain an experimental results in anyone can do anything since part 43 excludes experimentals. So why do I need the repairmans cert? My FSDO had no idea what I was talking about and I listened to him google it for ten minutes. What if I don't have one, I already passed the test as the builder.

The repairman's certificate allows you to sign off your own condition inspections.

The Repairman's Certificate is a bit of a misnomer. It's really an authorization to sign off the annual condition inspection for that one particular airplane. That's the only authority the repairman's certificate gives you over anyone else.

The repairman certificate allows you to perform the condition inspection required by your operating limitations.
ref; 65.103 and 65.104 for amateur-builts and 65.107 for E-LSA.

Last edited: