John Courte

Well Known Member
I posted this question in the Engines forum and got no response, possibly because the tone of the post was unpleasant. Apologies for that, it was fired off in anger at the mishap and I didn't allow a sufficient cool-down period before taking to the internets.

Does anyone know how to remove/replace the swaged fitting on the Skytronics Aero-Lite ignition harness?

A good source for replacement parts? ACS has the wires, but it doesn't look like they have the swaged fittings, and I can't find any other information about fixing them.

One of my plug wires got, um, damaged, and I need to replace it. I can't seem to figure out a way to remove the individual wire without mangling the pass-through on the harness cap that connects to the back of the magneto.

I'm hoping to recover from this on my own before I take the harness up to Bill's Air Center at SMO.

Thanks,
-John

Slick makes a tool to put the ends on. I have a friend that has one I've borrowed in the past.

Slick Tool

Is the tool a modified set of No 11 vise grips? I have a slick harness repair kit and the tool is a modified number 11.