TShort

Well Known Member
While working on the shop today, my brother managed to poke a hole in the air hose with a nail that came thru one of the studs ... it is small, maybe 1mm in diameter.
This is a rather cheap 25' air hose, but is there an inexpensive way to repair it? Duct tape won't cut it for 100psi! :D

Thomas
-8 wings (on hold for shop construction...)

TShort said:
While working on the shop today, my brother managed to poke a hole in the air hose with a nail that came thru one of the studs ... it is small, maybe 1mm in diameter.
This is a rather cheap 25' air hose, but is there an inexpensive way to repair it? Duct tape won't cut it for 100psi! :D

Thomas
-8 wings (on hold for shop construction...)

Go to home depot, lowes and get the barbed couplers and a couple of hose clamps. I built all my own hoses and things using the barbed couplers and fittings. They work awesome and do not require any taping or sealing of anykind to hold forever and be leak free. Just cut out the 1/2" of hose with the leak, couple it a clamp it....done :)

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. I figured if there was some special tape or something ... in the time it takes to fix it I could probably stud another 8' section of wall. Gotta get the shop done so I can get back to the wings!

Thomas