offroute

I'm New Here
I'm looking at purchasing an RV-9A and will need affordable hangar space in the Reno area. Stead, Carson or Minden preferred. Also, will need transition training to meet insurance requirement in same. I'm a 1600 hr private pilot with an instrument rating. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Guccidude here has a 9A at RTS, and does transition. I'll bet he also has hangar space for rent too.

Welcome to VAF!

Fred, welcome to the good ship VAF:D

I suspect there will be a decent selection of hangar spaces at Reno/Stead.

We have at least 4 members here at VAF who fly out of there, maybe more------suspect you may hear from someone soon.

Good to have you aboard.

Very happy at Minden, KMEV, several RVs on field. Very nice 7000 ft runway surrounded by fields. Hangar space available for rent from city at about $300/mo

I'm looking for a hangar at Carson for my 9A

Where is your ideal spot to park yours?

I'm looking at purchasing an RV-9A and will need affordable hangar space in the Reno area. Stead, Carson or Minden preferred. Also, will need transition training to meet insurance requirement in same. I'm a 1600 hr private pilot with an instrument rating. Any tips greatly appreciated!

Guccidude here has a 9A at RTS, and does transition. I'll bet he also has hangar space for rent too.

For a slumlord :D that owns two hangars, Dan is a very nice guy. Hangar availability at RTS can be hit or miss, but Dan should know most of what is available. As Sig says, he also does transition training in his 9A. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Greg

For a slumlord :D that owns two hangars, Dan is a very nice guy. Hangar availability at RTS can be hit or miss, but Dan should know most of what is available. As Sig says, he also does transition training in his 9A. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Greg

Thanks Greg and Sig. I got ahold of Dan. Nothing solid on hangar availability but Stead makes the most sense for me as I work in Reno. Any leads appreciated!