CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Is there anything I need to do to make the Permatex a little less "perma"? I have decided to move my fuel transducer from the RV10 tunnel to the FWF side and just a few days ago had permatex'd in some aluminum fittings into the cube. Now I would like to remove them and put in steel fittings. I've tried to clamp down the cube as much as I can and I can't get the fittings to loosen. Didn't know if there was a need to treat the permatex in the threads or if I am just going to have to get aggressive on applying some torque to undo those fittings now.

Many different pros and cons, but lets put it this way, the manufacturer of the transducer recommends it to be there. There are other factors as well, so it's a choice for each builder.

Permatex 2, Form-A-Gasket is not permanent. I change out these fittings regularly with no problem.

If you don't want to heat the fitting, then denatured ethanol with a little MEK in it will soften Permatex #2 and #3 that has been "cured" over time. It won't do it very fast, you'll need to put a few drops on the joint and let it soak in for a while.