Tram

Well Known Member
Hey guys-

Getting ready for the warmer weather and still fixing some small.. discrepancies.. from the build..

How much headache would I be looking at to temporarily remove the canopy to gain access to an area that is going to be tough to reach with the canopy attached?

Thanks

Jeff

No problem at all if it is attached according to plans. I remove mine every few years for one reason or another. Remove the struts if attached.
Place a person on each side to hold the raised canopy while a third person pulls the release.
Then just lift it off.
Putting it back on is a little trickier because you will have to "jockey" it a bit to align the pins.

Hey guys-

Getting ready for the warmer weather and still fixing some small.. discrepancies.. from the build..

How much headache would I be looking at to temporarily remove the canopy to gain access to an area that is going to be tough to reach with the canopy attached?

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff,

Look up Billy Baggett at MSL, he has a RV-6A tipup and should be able to walk you through any questions you have.

bagbill.jpg

Jeff,

Look up Billy Baggett at MSL, he has a RV-6A tipup and should be able to walk you through any questions you have.

bagbill.jpg

LOL.. Billy was telling me about that picture the other day.. :) I was at hhis hangar today, actually..

He's been a life saver.. Since we didn't build the plane, there is a lot of stuff we don't have just lying around the hangar.. He helped get us going on a brake pad change..

We are slowly building a tool collection for the hangar, as right now they all live in our garage. :)