kevinh

Well Known Member
Hi ya'll,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I removed my carb to do the float SB (along with the rest of my annual). When I went to go put it back on I realized I forgot to order a new gasket that goes between the engine and the carb. Do I need a new one? The one that's there has been on the engine since I first flew it in 2005.

I'll happily order new gaskets from Van's if that is appropriate, but otherwise I'd be eager to get the carb back on this weekend.

Happy new year!

Kevin

Hi ya'll,

I removed my carb to do the float SB (along with the rest of my annual). When I went to go put it back on I realized I forgot to order a new gasket that goes between the engine and the carb. Do I need a new one? The one that's there has been on the engine since I first flew it in 2005.

I'll happily order new gaskets from Van's if that is appropriate, but otherwise I'd be eager to get the carb back on this weekend.

Happy new year!

Kevin

Unless you damaged it when removing it, you should be OK. I've successfully re-used that particular gasket before after a similar period in-service.

Pick up a roll of gasket material and carve a new... :D

Hi ya'll,

Happy new year!

Kevin