prkaye

Well Known Member
When installing the nose tire on the wheel, it says to inflate and deflate a couple of times to at least 60psi, each time removing the valve stem to let it completely deflate. The valve stem is removeable?? how?? How do you then get it back in with the wheel in the tire, ensuring a good seal? I'm tempted to leave the valve stem alone and just deflate the conventional way.

Question, if the nosewheel holds air after a couple of inflating/deflating cycles, can I be reasonably confident that there is no pinching of the inner tube? Or could it be lurking in there, waiting for catastrophic failure on my first landing?

Last edited:
Either way with be fine. It is no trouble to remove the valve stem. Just insert the top side of this tool (from the picture below) to the valve stem and in a few turns you can get the valve out. You can find the valve stem tool from any auto supply store. It is cheap.

valve.jpg

Last edited:
valve stem

It is referring to the valve that is screwed into the stem, just like on a bicycle or car tire. Take the valve out and then pressure the tire up and down two or three times to get the tube fitted inside the tire without wrinkles or pinching the tube.

thanks guys, that makes more sense (about the valve inside the stem).

Question, if the nosewheel holds air after a couple of inflating/deflating cycles, can I be reasonably confident that there is no pinching of the inner tube? Or could it be lurking in there, waiting for catastrophic failure on my first landing?

Question, if the nosewheel holds air after a couple of inflating/deflating cycles, can I be reasonably confident that there is no pinching of the inner tube?

Nope.

A pinched inner tube may not leak for quite a while.

A low inflation pressure will make the inner tube fail much faster, as it allows for more flexing of the tire.