8MikeXray

Well Known Member
I would like to remove the flap position indicator display from my PFD and MFD.

My system setup is a VP-X Pro feeding data into a dual screen G3X.

I asked Marc about removal of the flap position display and he thought there was a menu function in the G3X that would remove the display. I spoke with Garmin and they said that if you go into the setup pages and select ENG group then go to the POS1/ GP1/TIT1 or one of the other ones 2/3/4 you will find the flap position option selected. Then deselect to none and save with the lower right softkey at the bottom. Mine were all set to none. This only works if you are feeding the G3X flap position information thru one of the GP serial ports. The GP inputs does not communicate with the VPX serial data.

Marc then said that on the VP-X there is no distinction between flap enabled and enabling the flap position display. Once you enable the flaps that info is sent to the EFIS.

Does anyone have any idea on how to inhibit the flap display indicator from appearing on the G3X?

If there is no way to remove the flap position indicator could Garmin or Vertical Power please make this feature incorporated into a
future software update?

Thanks

Mike Cingari

Hello Mike,

At this time, there is not an option in the G3X software to selectively enable or disable the display of trim or flap position data from the VP-X. However, you do have the ability to hide trim and flap gauges on the PFD by using the corresponding setting on the PFD Setup page (press the Menu key on the PFD). Regardless of whether or not you choose to display trim/flap gauges on the PFD, they will still be visible on the ENG page if you need to consult them.

- Matt

Flap Position Indicator Inhibited

I set both flap endpoints in the VPX configurator to 0.

In the G3X I configured and de-configured the flaps in a GP input.

The flap position indicator is now inhibited on the G3X.