moll780

Well Known Member
Anyone have ideas/pics for a removable right-side stick?
I have a Ray Allen 101 grip.
I'd like to be able to remove it but have it available during flight.

suggestions/recommendations?

Anyone have ideas/pics for a removable right-side stick?
I have a Ray Allen 101 grip.
I'd like to be able to remove it but have it available during flight.

suggestions/recommendations?

On my 9A I put a cork plug in both sides of the stick and socket and mounted a DC 2 conductor plug epoxyed into the cork plug so that when you push the stick in you get the connector engaged. Worked fine. I only had PTT on the passenger stick.

img_0059_std.jpg

Simple.
Sell the grip.
Put PTT on the panel for the passenger.

Use the McMaster Carr thingy (from the thread link above) for the stick lock.

Simple.
Sell the grip.
Put PTT on the panel for the passenger.

Use the McMaster Carr thingy (from the thread link above) for the stick lock.
I second this idea. I wired a PTT switch and a flap switch on the panel, easily accessible by the right side passenger. There are no wires going to the removable passenger stick.

The only problem that I can see with the "tube lock thingy" is the fact that you are likely to have a little slop in the stick unless the socket is REALLY precise. I'd like to use one of those "twist lock thingy's" you see on extendable brooms, rakes, etc. Alternately, a bicycle seat post quick release would work too. You can even find them in titanium if you want to be trick about it.

The only problem that I can see with the "tube lock thingy" is the fact that you are likely to have a little slop in the stick unless the socket is REALLY precise. I'd like to use one of those "twist lock thingy's" you see on extendable brooms, rakes, etc. Alternately, a bicycle seat post quick release would work too. You can even find them in titanium if you want to be trick about it.

There is little to no slop in this joint with the telescoping tube lock.....

The telescoping tube lock gizmo works way better than something that inexpensive and simple to install should work. Almost no slop.

I did the quick release button as posted by others, I found little slop.
782376CE-A03E-48B3-A3E8-033CEE5E3AE5-5198-000002D1213C281D_zpsdf3c28f2.jpg

I have the basic Tosten grip with 2 switches and used a basic AMP Mate-N-loc connector silicone taped to the outside of the stick socket. The other side of the Mate-N-loc is silicone taped to the stick grip side of the passenger stick after it exits a hole I drilled in the side of the stick. I just made sure to drill the hole low enough that the stick boot covers it all. Works great and no fuss!
F95A5EE8-18D1-4EB1-87D8-96FFBD862BBD-7663-0000043B078E3BF2_zps8ab5160a.jpg

EDD01A26-88CE-4DA3-ADCA-BBD8BFB7B33F-4845-0000070FF9DC30F6_zpsdb62ab64.jpg

Quick release button and co-pilot panel mounted PTT works for me as well.

BTW-I have one quick release button left from my McMaster-Carr order if you're interested in buying it. PM me if interested. I also noticed they sell these at pool supply stores.