Gregg Brightwell

Well Known Member
Make one left, and one right, as needed. I have an EXTRA FL403 flap spar cut perfectly for a LEFT flap, if anyone needs one.... :) DANG IT! I started the right flap today, and tapered the inboard end of the spar per the drawing. Obviously, I followed the drawing, instead of reversing it. No reversing it after making the cut. Perhaps someone out there will benefit from my mistake this weekend, and use this as a friendly reminder. Already called VAN's and a new spar will be shipped out next week.

DOH!!

Have a good weekend.

Gregg

I find it easier for me to avoid this kind of thing, is to make up both sides of something like this at the same time.

You can usually clamp them back-to-back, and make sure all is equal, and correct too.

Did the same thing on my tank attach brackets...I ended up giving it to a fellow builder to save him some time.

I find it easier for me to avoid this kind of thing, is to make up both sides of something like this at the same time.

You can usually clamp them back-to-back, and make sure all is equal, and correct too.

My A&P friend called this a "Chinese blueprint" :)