Rental Cars

We plan to fly to Lubbock for this race (probably on November 9th or 10th). I starting to set things up for us logistically, I see in the Flight Guide that no rental car availability is advertized. We would like to checkout the city while we are there. One alternative I am considering is flying into the big airport then flying down to Town and Country on Saturday morning for the race. I will check with some of the rental car companies and see if they will drop off cars at Town & Country on a request basis and let you know what I find out.

Bob Axsom

Rental Cars and Such

Enterprise will provide rental car service to Town & Country. The reservations can be made through central reservations for Enterprise (866-502-1260) but the key people are in Lubbock at 866-765-0622. The lady I talked to in the central reservations facility called Lubbock while I was on the phone and got the details for me. Reserve the car then give them a call before arrival and they will meet you at the airport with the car. The office is open until 1300 on Saturday so you can turn the car back in by that time and be on your way. The price for one day including tax (but not gas) is $37.96 per day.

I called Hertz since I used them a lot in my working days and like there service and car care. They do not have and will not provide any service to Town & Country.

Another option is to fly into the main airport at Lubbock (if you plan to stay overnight) and take advantage of the free airport pickup offered by motels and don't get a rental car.

Still another option is to fly in in time for the pilot's briefing at 0930 on Saturday, fly the ~100 nautical mile race, then fly home. We could probably do that from Fayetteville, Arkansas but after a lifetime of early rises to go to work this has limited appeal.

Bob Axsom, Race# 71