tomhanaway

Well Known Member
Was in the garage this morning working on wiring. All fittings are installed on firewall forward in anticipation of engine.

Completed wings are stored with all openings masked off.

Noticed a small wasp trying to lug a little caterpillar into the an6 fitting for the soon to be attached fuel line. Fuel line is now checked for obstructions and all hardware fittings capped off.

I didn't think of the fuselage since I'm down there most every day.

Tom H.

Critters

They are persistent little buggers. I don't miss the mud daubers and yellow jackets in TX.
They are not the only thing that will build in a space though. Our car AC was not working properly recently. I found a chipmunk had built a storage facility in the outside air duct. I pulled the fan unit and a huge pile of seeds and goodies fell out. :eek:

Yep. A few days ago I was working in my 20x20 workroom inside the hangar, & saw something about the size of a bumblebee go into the end of spare piece of AN10 teflon lined oil line. The critter got away, but when I blew through the line, 3 or 4 pieces of green leaf about the size of clover leaves flew out. They looked like he/she had cut them to fit the diameter of the tube. Later saw what was probably the same critter diving into a scrap piece of 1/2" aluminum tubing.

This room is only open when I'm in there working, so it doesn't take them long to do their thing. Here in MS, there are at least 5 different types of flying critters that I've actually seen that plug holes from less than 1/8" to way over 1/2"; I suspect that there are more.

Charlie