edneff

Well Known Member
I'm moving to NJ later this year. Can anyone recommend a good airport with an active RV community?

Thanks

Hi :D
There are a few RVs at Sky manor KN40 other than that I know there are others spread around. But there are a bunch of RVs around the eastern PA south Jersey Delaware area.
I am based out of S37 in Lancaster, so a RV is never really far away:D

Sky Manor Airport

Sky Manor (N40) and Alexandra (N85) both have a good amount of RVs. The airports are 3 miles apart. We also have an active EAA group which meets at Sky Manor.

Thanks
Adam Silverstein
President Chapter 643
RV-8 Engine Start 10/5/07
And flying soon!

Where in NJ?

It helps to know where in NJ you are moving to. There is activity in a number of areas.

Hi and thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll be in Jefferson township, northern Morris County. Sussex is the closest airport, about 35 minutes away. I don't think there's any RV activity there.

I visited Alexandria and it looks like a really nice airport, but it will be almost an hour away. And apparently they are building some more T-hangars, so that's a plus.

For such a small state, NJ has some very cool airports!

Bummer my former home base is gone, I sure miss 2N8! Flying with Eddie in the P-17, T-6, UPF-7, TravelAir 4000, or J-3 out of that place was a blast! It just wasn't the same after we moved to 3N6. :(

My first RV ride was out of 2N8 in the back of Purple Passion.