miyu1975

Well Known Member
OK I give, been looking on FAA site for an hour now (at work) and no joy. I am reasonbly close to the end of the build stage and wanted to the start paperwork for regisration process soon. What docs to I need to give to the FAA or FSDO to start this?

Check out the EAA website. They have lists of what you need to do as well as paperwork kits that have pretty much everything in it, including examples.

Last edited:
I think there's still one form that you have to pick up in person. It's a carbon copy thing.

The EAA packet likely has everything you need here.

Registration/FAA

I did my inspection/registration with the FAA local FSDO in Greensboro NC, and had a very straightforward, well understood and seamless experience with the whole process. I made an initial FSDO inquiry call to see about an inspector, and he Emailed my a very easy to follow list of all the required documents,as well as a generic copy of the application/intent leter requesting inspection. I took all the completed stuff to him a week or so later, and within a couple weeks we met at my hangar for the inspection. Pink slip the same day, and flew a few days later. The most difficult form I had to get (ironically) was a "bill of sale" from Vans. At the time (a year ago), there was only 2 people at Vans that could sign a BOS(both were out of office),and the orginal 15 year old serial#assignment wall hangar document was not a BOS equivelant...even with a reciept for every kit part,engine part,ect. You MUST have an original signed BOS from Vans. The FSDO inspector assigned me a Phase 1 flight area based on my request and local airports I was used to frequenting. The best part about the whole thing...TOTAL cost of everything above : $5.00 for the registration.