grover

Well Known Member
does the faa throw a fit if the model on the bill of sale is different from the model on the registration form?

yes i had it the same on both documents but different on data plate and had to change data plate faa said all should mach . bob mcmillin RV-9 N535WP

Depends!

It depends on who, at registration, gets your form. When Red Marron & I built our RV-6s together, I called mine an A&M-6 (for Ann & Mel's 6th airplane), no problem. They told Red that he had to call his an RV-6. Different person opened his envelope.
My serial number is 92006.

Last edited:
does the faa throw a fit if the model on the bill of sale is different from the model on the registration form?

James, mine is registered as a DO-7 with my builder number as the serial number. I was told by the feds that I had to use one of the designations as provided on the bill of sale, model or serial number, but not both. Mine went through in 10 days or so.

It's all in the details. My Repairman Certificate was bounced because I didn't spell out my hair color. Maybe they thought the "G" stood for green.

Bob Kelly

The FAA made me rewrite my repairman paperwork because I wasn't consistent with my year, 2006 vs 06 and my middle initial vs middle name.

It's all gotta match 100%.

After registration, everything has to match. He was asking about registration vs. bill of sale. Until the aircraft is registered, it's up for grabs depending on who opens the envelope at registration.