MikeyDale

Well Known Member
I am registering a RV7 as EAB. I filled out 8050-1 under "AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURER & MODEL", my name (as stated on my 8050-2 from Vans)- RV7, just like the example in my EAA Amateur-Built Certification Kit sample page.......

Then I examined the 8050-2 form that Vans sent me and it says on the 4th line,
AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURER & MODEL
VANS AIRCRAFT, INC. RV7

Is this going to cause me problems? I would have called EAA or Vans if it wasn't a weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mike-

I looked at my form 8050-2 from Vans and they wrote the model only "RV-8". Mine went through. My experience with the FAA seemed to prove it's more about the paperwork than anything else. You might want to call Vans to double check.

Manufacturers name

I just registered my RV-7A a couple of weeks ago. I had the same question and called EAA. Van's is the manufacturer of the kit, so that's what is on the bill of sale. You are the manufacturer of the plane, so, you put your name on the registration paperwork. No problems and I had the registration in about two weeks. Good luck!

I just registered my RV-7A a couple of weeks ago. I had the same question and called EAA. Van's is the manufacturer of the kit, so that's what is on the bill of sale. You are the manufacturer of the plane, so, you put your name on the registration paperwork. No problems and I had the registration in about two weeks. Good luck!

That's correct. The FAA requires a kit bill of sale. It doesn't have to be on the FAA form, but Vans does it that way anyway. They usually cross out aircraft and write KIT at the top. You should be fine.

Thanks

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just a little paranoid about something going wrong on my paperwork.