ron sterba

Well Known Member
Bringing the red cube up for position with both stainless fittings on Bonaco hoses, One hose from the spider and one from servo. In the 43.13 book table 9-2 Par 9-30 page 9-19. Sept 27,2001. My tubing is not steel but rubber with stainless braid stainless nuts and hose end fittings. So what is a builder suppose to do here? Ill take any suggestions. Also did a search and YES THE LAST ENTRY was my same question here. what does the term 2 flat or something like that mean?

Always your thoughts are much appreciated .

Ron in Oregon

Assuming that your end fittings on the flexible hose are SS, and the fitting that you put into the red cube are SS, then use the torque values for steel tubing.

It is the end fitting material that matters- you need to tighten enough to ensure a good seal and adequate preload on the threads to prevent vibration from loosening, but not so much as to damage the threads. SS values are similar enough to steel that it works.

Be careful not to over tighten the adapter fitting (pipe thread) in the red cube or it can lead to a crack in the red cube.

Flats? Two apartments in London? Both bike tires flat? No. :rolleyes:

A hexagon has 6 sides. Each side is flat. Two flats is 120 degrees. :D

Be very carefull with SS tube nuts on SS fittings... That stuff galls very easily no matter how much lube you put on it. In high torque applications you may very well just weld it together.

SS fittings/lines are common on all turbine engines. No problem with galling unless someone really over torques the fittings. The fittings are passivated.

You guys are too good! I guess looking at charts or tables there are some variables and better to ask. Again thanks alot, much appreciated. I learned that in a London flat one must be tight knit with the other.!

Ron in Oregon

Hello Moderator, please achieve this thread on Stainless torque values

. Best advice. On Stainless fitting and what flats are. Thanks All!
Ron in Oregon

It is really frustrating to go to remove a fitting or bolt or whatever that takes only a limited torque to find it hopelessly over tightened to the point of failure. Images of apes with long arms comes to mind.

Does your organization use the flare seals on the SS lines?