TS Flightlines

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Having spent the past several weekends deburring, dimpling, and countesinking, skins and ribs, with my hangar landlord Lee Logan (F1 Rocket), it occurred to us the we'd probably had too much fun and education on deburring and dimpling after the first skin. Gee---wouldn't it be awesome if the skins and ribs were 49% done? Just saying.
At any rate, those those keeping score, kit 74219 gets its interior primered and painted, and then the fun and education on riveting :)D) begins next weekend.
Tom

QB

Get the rest of your kit in a Quick Build. No shame in letting others do most of the dimpling, and riveting ;)

Pre-punched and dimpled

I think I'm developing arthritis from all the dimpling. Wished the pre-punched skins were also pre-dimpled too. Seems like the only investment for van is to swap out the punch die for a punch and dimple die. imagine a kit with the dimples already done. My bones and joints already likes the idea.

yeah Craig--thats what we said.
Jay on the fuse kit, it was the extra $5600.00 that turned me away from that. For the extra $11,320 I could just about put ALL the avionics in the plane that I would need. OR a long ways towards building the engine I want. Takes alot of hoses to make up $11,000!

Gee----I guess you could build me a set of wings----cause youre such a great guy!:D

An OLD saying I just made up.......

If you want to build an airplane, build an airplane!

If you want an airplane, buy an airplane!

very well said everyone. I'm not in a race. I dont have unlimited funds--wish I did. My RV7 will be well built, with love and care, with the help of some awesome friends. Wont have all the bells, whistles, flashing lights :eek:, but for a first plane, will be just fine.
Whats great about this forum is that I can learn about what everyone else has done, get some expert advise, and eventually have something I can be proud of.
Alot of you, and you know who you are, have helped in ways that cant be repaid, even with the $$ saved by building a standard kit:D.
Tom