Matt-H

I'm New Here
I just took delivery an RV8A-yes I have the grin! Currently the airplane has a Garmin 510 Aera mounted in a Gadget dock- I want to replace it with a Garmin 400W, prepping for ADS-B Out compliance. Looking for a good avionics tech in the area to install it. Any thoughts?

There is a shop in Winder which gets good reviews. There is also a shop (Hawk?) in Calhoun which does my transponder cert checks and seems to be on the ball.

Sam Nipper at Tara airfield is a stand up guy who could probably help you. I have gone to him for some avionics help before and I would go back to him again. He has a small shop and is not too busy to work for us "little guys" (unlike a few other places south of Atlanta).

http://www.onthebeamaviation.com/contact.html

Dane Patterson

There is a shop in Winder which gets good reviews. There is also a shop (Hawk?) in Calhoun which does my transponder cert checks and seems to be on the ball.

Kyle, Shawn at Hawk closed down about 3 weeks ago. Just wanted to let you know. We still would like to see you up there even if it's a short fuel stop ;)

It's a shame that no one in the Atlanta area is willing to do good work at a fair price, especially for the experimental community. I wish I had some background in the Avionics world... I would seriously consider opening up a shop in this area focused on experimental market as folks like Jesse, Walt and the likes have done in other areas of the country. Hint, Hint to someone here that meets that criteria :D