txaviator

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I think I read somewhere in the recent posts, that there is a big delay in quick build orders? (beyond the 8-weeks that Van's suggests as an estimate?)

How long? Whazzz up? Just trying to decide when to send in my 25% for the fuse/wings, and "arrange" the financing and final payments as to not be detrimental to my house remodeling/major project. (re: How to sneak this all in without the wife going ballistic before the house is done :rolleyes: )

Thanks-

On time for me...

Ordered in December, had the call in mid Feb.

I think they get them in batches, so the timing may not be "just-in-time" smooth and depending the timing of your order with their order timing to the QB plant overseas, there may be some variability in delivery times they can get it to you. That is just an educated guess though. Sounded when they called me that they had a batch come in, and did I want to jump on one (which I did).

Overdue

Ordered and sent the deposit last week of the year (RV7A) for expected delivery in March? :(

Still no call or firm date..... If it was anyone other than Vans I would already be concerned.

Last edited:
RV8 IN STOCK

Gary

I had a customer order a RV8 QB today. Vans has some in stock!!
Order yours tomorrow!!!. Toni Partain can deliver both in June when the Finish kits will be ready. We will fly soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't wait!!

Placed my order for RV8 2 04/04/07....expecting shipment of QB wings and standard fuse on 06/04/07 (mm/dd/yy)

Peter

My 9 was in stock. Once paid, they shipped it immediately. Nearly one month later, it was in my garage, in Italy.

-7 QB

I ordered a -7 QB the last week of Dec,
Originally ship date was "February"
then was changed to "March"
and latest shipdate is a "guesstimate" "end of April"

The Filipinos are on a roll building -8's and -9's ??

Richard

Gary,
I think a lot of the effort must be going into 10's. The guy in the hangar next door to me ordered his 10 QB kit less than 2 months ago. It's already sitting in his hangar.

just ordered my-8a quickbuild 4-16-07. i want to fly it to osh 2008 what do you think my chances are? emp is almost done just have elv left

burgundyja said:
just ordered my-8a quickbuild 4-16-07. i want to fly it to osh 2008 what do you think my chances are? emp is almost done just have elv left

Let's see....I built in 18 months from first rivet to first flight, and spent 1040 hours doing that....amounts to working every night for several hours, plus lots of weekends. You're in the vicinity if you really want to be that dedicated....beware the addiction! :p

Just make sure you enjoy yourself...