Bob'sRV6A

Well Known Member
I feel like I am really building an airplane now with a Lycoming hanging in my garage. Ron and Tom are great to work with and did everything they said they would.

Schmidt Aviation, Inc. 1020 NW 62nd Street Hangar #6
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
(954) 772-0772 Fax (954) 938-5173
[email protected]

DSCN1215.jpg

They kept an eye out for a good core and then called me and gave me the price to do the major overhaul. I had them install two P-Mags (with BR8ES NGK auto plugs) and the SD-8 Backup Dymo. They also "pickled" with desiccant plugs and Phillips 20W50 anti-rust oil. They sent me a video of the test stand run-up and they also supplied the new logbook with all the entries.

This where I got my engine, an O-360-A4K converted to an -A4M 5 years ago. They had it on Ebay for 14K, buy now. That and $300 shipping to Reno and I had a great engine in the hangar awaiting installation. I now have over 4 years flying my -9A and 720 hours and my only complaint is a small oil leak that I can't find. They do good work and do everything they say they will do. Good folks. Dan

bob, she looks great. any $ numbers to share with the rv group? core $, overhaul $?

Turbo, the original invoice amount was $9500 which includes the overhaul and the core. I added the two P-Mags, the SD-8, and the pickle job. Total invoice amount was just over $13,000. Shipping from Ft. Lauderdale to Santa Maria, CA was $420. I think I got a very good deal.
Bob