gmpaul

Too keep from thread jumping (cockpit noise)
I was thinking of rebuilding and up grading my old Peltor head set using (Headset Inc.) anr kit.
Has anyone had any expertise or opinions about doing this?
Thanks G.P.

Have done a couple of David Clarks - very satisfied with the results.

Make a wire map before pulling everything apart - at least with the DCs, there appear to have been several changes over time and the wiring that you find may not match what is in the instructions. (Easy to figure out if you know where you started from.)

Dan

Rebuilding Headsets

I have converted two DC's (30-10s?) with the Headsets, Inc. conversion and I really like the end product. I also had another of my DC's converted by the Headset, Inc. factory -- easier but you pay a bit more. I think that the Headsets, Inc. conversion works best when you start with a good quality passive headset frame like a DC. -- David

Add me to the list, of satisfied customers of this conversion.

Already have the electronics for a second pair for the rear of my 10, just need the time/motivation to do the work.

I installed ships power outlets instead of the battery box, like it a lot better.

http://www.headsetsinc.com/Accessories.html scroll down to PM-012. They will power a second headset, but you have to add the second panel jack.

I mounted the rear seat module under the flap tube cover, and the jack in a small panel I fabricated. Front seat ANR power jacks are just above the other headset jacks.

P5110057.jpg

P4150035.jpg

Last edited:
I've been flying with the Peltor Headsets Inc conversion for about 10 years. I like messing around with old tube radios, so installing the ANR in the Peltor was fun. Good instructions too. I turn it off for take offs and landings so I can hear the engine better. In flight, with the ANR on, intercom and radio communications are much better.
I just bought a new DRE6000 for the wife, it comes with the Headsets Inc ANR module. She loves it, and she's gone thru a few other brands.
I like the thin headstrap on the Peltor. I'm tall in the body, so the top of my head is usually close to the ceiling in any plane. A thin strap on top of my head is good.

Last edited: