artrose

Nine weeks ago I hit a deer when landing my RV 6A. The aircraft is insured and hangared at 23R Devine, Texas. I only barely know a couple RV people in all of South Texas. I've been trying to find someone, anyone, with RV 6 building experience to come take a look at it and give me advice, give the insurance company a repair quote, whatever. I've had absoltely no success finding anyone with RV experience to even take the time to come look at the plane. At this point, ****, I'll pay you. I'll give you beer. I'll fly over and pick you up and transport you back and forth if you can give me an educated opinion. The email response I got from from Van's was a "we can't help you, but you'll need a set of plans, and that'll cost you $50". Anybody know of anyone out there in the San Antonio, or surrounding area I might contact?

Jim Meyer
210-204-0720

Jim, keep in mind that building and re-building are not the same. It would be even better if you found someone with extensive sheet metal repair experience. Regardless if they have ever touched a RV. I would think that there are quite a few good sheetmetal guys hanging around some of the FBO's. Ask around or post a flyer. Do you have pictures? It might be cheaper to build a new wing rather than repair a damaged one?