RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I want to use a close tolerance bolt for the wing rear spar but I am stumped as to which to use. I used NAS6600 series bolts for the nose gear but there was good information on this forum for that.

Anyone tell me which they used for the rear spar. There are both AN and NAS close tolerance bolts and I can't find a source document to tell me the differences say between NAS 1300 series, 6200, 6600 etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Initial wing fitting went smooth, rear spar drilled to 3/16 for now until I get the bolt, I need and confirm my .3115 reamer will do the job. Only took 2.5 hours!:D

Cheers

Check out this thread:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=57760. Our chapter has a tool for rent designed to drill and ream a truly square hole for the rear spar of 6s, 7s, and probably even 10s, though it hasn't been tried on a 10 yet. Look at the pics on picassa in the post above. It will probably work on an 8 too. We normally rent the tool for $25 plus shipping both ways. If you willing to pay the shipping we would be willing to let you try it out on your 8. Pay the $25 only if you're happy.

The tool consists of a combination clamp and drill/reamer guide that ensures you are able to drill a square hole once you are happy with the incidence and sweep setting you have clamped in place.

I was happy with the NAS close tolerance bolt in the .0005 undersize reamed hole.

Call me at 702 two seven 8 0 two 73 if you want to discuss. :D