azonic75

Well Known Member
As I put together my rear seat back I'm a bit befuddled. Does the F833-F web go along inner or outer curve of the top. A bit hard to explain but if you've built it I think you'll understand the question. Drawing 76 shows it one way and then differs in detail A. Thanks

Kai

matched-hole -1 kit?

Your question must be specific to the matched-hole kit, because in the older kits, the F-833F is just a small doubler that reinforces the rivet attachment through the fiberglass upper seat back to the lower aluminum seat back.

I made much larger doublers that extend farther down the sides of the seatback, carrying more load to reduce the stress and flex at that joint.

In either case, the doubler goes on the outboard side of the assembly.

This may not help you at all -- but for anyone building an older kit, it is a good area to deviate from the plans and reinforce a bit better.

I did mine on the inside (new -1 kit)

I dont recall any issues with putting it on the inside.
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=owens&project=236&category=0&log=65824&row=730

FP29112008A0000L.jpg

RV8 Rear Seatback -1 Kit

The F-833F seatback top web fits inside the "teeth" of the F-833C-1 outer flange and the F833E top panel as shown in Detail A.

Brent's photo is a good view.

This makes a smooth surface on the inside of the seat pan for your cushion/chute. I put the factory rivet heads to the inside for the same reason.

The overlap of the seat panel edges is easy to see in the main "Rear Seatback Assembly" drawing.

Good luck,
Mike

Last edited:
Kai,

I fully understand your question.

On the latest plan and kit, when you study the drawing, then the isometric - it turns into one of those inside/outside drawings.

If you stare at it, it looks like the doubler can sit on the inside (correct) or the outside (makes the cleco's difficult to put in and why I got the hint) :rolleyes:

And this is my second RV........ :eek: