Classic Aero

They make headrests for either seat. I put the rear headrest in because I was afraid of passenger hitting that sharp edge in turbulence.

How does the rear headrest mount?

I looked at the photo gallery on Classic Aero's website, and only one picture, shows the rear headrest is mounted to the airframe, not the actual seat back. I'm wondering how it mounts, and how involved it would be to retrofit a painted airplane?

The Classic Aero rear headrest is an easy mount to the outside of the fuselage skin just aft of the rear seat. It comes with two brackets that are angled to fit the curvature of the fuselage and they fit neatly under the crossbar of the canopy. Should be no problem to mount on a painted fuselage.
Hope this helps

easy

four machine screws through the outer skin. Comes with brackets, etc...

I looked at the photo gallery on Classic Aero's website, and only one picture, shows the rear headrest is mounted to the airframe, not the actual seat back. I'm wondering how it mounts, and how involved it would be to retrofit a painted airplane?

Thanks!

Well I talked to Luke today and ordered up a rear headrest. Its way to pricey to make sense, but it'll be way more tasteful than anything I could make and he has some custom parts inside. So I'll pay a lot now and just cry once. :)

Tim