rv4fly

I'm New Here
Anyone have any suggestions about making the rear seat footwells for the RV4.
Didn't Van's used to sell them? :confused:
Thanks
rv4fly

RV4 Footwell plans.

rv4fly said:
Anyone have any suggestions about making the rear seat footwells for the RV4.
Didn't Van's used to sell them? :confused:
Thanks
rv4fly

There is a dimensioned plan in the 24 years RVator book. I used that. Footwells came up just the other day in this thread which gets you to pictures of mine.

Someone I think used RV8 wells and got standard parts from VANS, but before you do that I suggest you check the dimensions. On the -4 they are very critical.

To make life simple I have put a copy of the plan in my blog where I made the footwells. If you go here and scroll down to 22 & 23 June '06 I think you will find everything if you are interested. Double click the picture to read the small print.

Good luck!

Well digger...

Steve,

I installed rear passenger footwells in The Bandit back in 99' using the plans in an old RV8R issue. I removed the panel from the floorboard, cut the holes and pop-riveted the footwells together and attached them to the floorboard. The entire mod took about 4 hours. One important gotcha is the depth of the footwells. If you follow the RV8R plans they will rub the aileron pushrods once installed. I made mine 1" shallower than the plans and had no worries.
I highly recommend the footwells, one of the best mods I ever installed on The Bandit. .

Rob Ray
RV4 formerly.
HR2 Currently
F16 till Sept...