SmilingJack

Well Known Member
I saw "Levil" and "WingX" announced a "Mini AHRS" that is wireless.

Looks like about $800 for the "Levil Mini AHRS"
Ipad is about $500
Ram Mount for the backseat about $70
Ihud app - about $6 or WingXPro $99

It seems like a fairly simple and fairly reasonable option to get instruments in the back seat are coming quick and this one all up is about $1500.

No wires, portable and if this is the starting price who knows....maybe in a little time we can do it for a few hundred dollars.

If you want the instruments in the back to be "enough to fly" I'm testing our ForeFlight and any one of "Gyro", "wingtip", or "flight Instruments". These all just use th intern gps and gyroscopic and compass sensors inside the iPad.

FWIW, I have iHud on my iPhone and the sensors in the phone are too sensitive to use it for flight. If you set it on high sensitivity, so it would follow your pitch and roll as fast as a Dynon, it bounces all over the place in flight... Too much vibration I think. If you dampen down the sensitivity, it becomes smoother, but the lag increases to the point of uselessness.

Are they offering a remote AHARS box that you plug the iPhone/iPad into, or do they rely on the internal sensors?

Remote box

Its a remote box.

"Mini" they call it and from what I saw on the Oshkosh video and their web site there are 2 models.

1 that is wireless and an upgraded one that can accept air data.

After further research the WingX is a great options giving SV, but its is $99 per year for that and another $99 a year for their chart program.

Great! But it doesn't take long to spend a small fortune on all these yearly fees.

check out page 12 of the "rv8 show us your panel" thread near I posted a series of build photos.