mark manda

Well Known Member
anybody know the parts numbers for the Van's rear rudder pedal kit? and/or the parts needed? and is it the same as the RV-8 rear pedals?

thanks

rear pedals

I have a set of rear pedals. dont want to put them in. Well sell em to ya. $25.00 + shipping

IMHO: The rear rudder peddles are pathetic, not worth the weight/hastle of installing. Next winter (after I'm flying) I'm going to take a stab at designing a propper set of peddles with some kind of brake that are good enough for rear-seat solo. I'm an instructor. I'll post pix, etc, if it works out.

-Bruce

have to agree...

I have the "button" type in the -4. They are simple and convenient. However, if you are applying rudder pressure, you are applying it through a single steel rod attached to one corner of the rudder pedal. Very poor mechanical advantage.

In flight they are fine. They are "barely adequate" at TO & landing. If the plane has enough speed, you don't need much pressure. For taxiing or starting the takeoff roll or turning off the runway, they are a challenge.

Of course, there are no brakes so if you were thinking of riding in the back with a pax up front, that's not going to work.

John

Rear Brake

Hi Guys
This summer I will be introducing a rear brake pedal to my product line. Here is a image.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]