219PB

Well Known Member
I was wondering how others addressed the slider canopy's rear guide? Did you paint it, leave it bare or anodize? I am curious to see if paint holds up well to the guide block sliding on it.

I just left mine in bare aluminum. I also opted to not fit that tethered sliding piece of UHMW plastic....I'm a fair weather flyer and the plane is hangared, so no real need for weather protection. I figure if I go to an overnight fly-in, I can stuff a chunk of foam in there temporarily.

I painted mine and wish I had not! The slider smudges up the paint so it would have looked better polished... I have since added the extension for the extended slider rails and didn't paint it. It looks just fine!

Black anodizing works great!

I anodized the slider guide and the side rails. There are several colors available, but black looks nice. Mine still look great after 1600 hours. I highly recommend it.

Dan Miller
RV-8. 1600+ hours of fun

black anodize on rear slide guide and all other canopy stuff, rear deck, exterior open handle ect

20160409_200055_zps2ydoc9wq.jpg

Anodized

Had mine anodized black along with many other parts. Not worried about the potential wear. Ten minutes to remove and have it redone if needed.

A neighbor had his chromed with good results.

Thanks for all of your comments. I will have mine anodized black. Now to find a supplier.