LyleM

I have a small gap between the top of the floor ribs and the F-807 balkhead flange were they attach to balkhead F-807. The 2 rear floor skins fit good under that flange. I can't find in the instructions if the floor skins are suppose to go on top or underneath that flange. Any ideas? Thanks Lyle

Floor Skins

The aft bottom skin (F-842-1) is sandwiched between the right and left center bottom skins (F-826-1 and F-827-1) and the F-807 bulkhead. See page 8-25 (dated 4/26/07 in my case). Imagine the airflow over these skins...forward skins overlap aft skins. Flanges are on the inside of the fuselage.

Note that the middle side skins also wrap around the lower part of the F-807 and are part of the 'sandwich'.

Mike

floor panels

My mistake. I should have said floor panels. (F-830 & F-831) DWG 29. With the panels set in the fuselage, it looks like the rear edge of these 2 panels is suppose to rest on top of the F-807 balkhead flange, but that flange is not even with the top edge of the floor ribs. It is higher. This is what is confusing me.

Floor Panels

No problem...similar answer:

The floor panels sit on top of the F807 bulkhead norizontal flange. The forward edge of the rear baggage panel also sits on this flange so there is another 'sandwich' here.

Note that since the bulkhead tilts back slightly (to set the passenger seatback at a comfortable angle) and the floor panels are roughly horizontal on the workbench, this flange should not be at right angles to the web of the F807 bulkhead. If set at/close to 90 degrees to the web it will sit too high for the floor panels.

Mike