SHIPCHIEF

Well Known Member
Pretty slow around here;
So I decided to add a bit about my battery.
I chose the rear mount, and the Odyssey PC680 battery. Van's has a good price on these, and it seems to be the popular choice, but it's too small for the tray in the kit. I didn't like the tie bolt hold down. My battery didn't fit securely enough to prevent it getting loose in a forward impact (I worry).
I also was looking for a mount for the NOVA XPAK604X-HR strobe driver. (from GS-Air)
I ended up remaking the battery holder. The battery is at the back of the tray, so I bent up some 2024-T3 .032 sheet into the front half of a box that rivets to the base and the sides, then drilled and bolted the strobe driver to the front of it with countersunk 509-1032 screws. It all fits the foot print of the tray, and has ample clearance to the aft baggage wall. Wires will run from the right hand switch console to the battery and the strobe driver.
The battery hold down strap will use the 2 center plate nuts that hold the contactors at the back of the tray, and also attach the top of the new 'box'. Light weight and more crash worthy. I added some holes to make it lighter too.
The remote compass will go above and one frame back on a little shelf, as per other RV's in this forum. (I copy the good ideas :) )

Last edited: