RyanM

Well Known Member
Hello,

Well, after pressure testing my 2nd tank, I have a leak in the rear baffle/skin joint - in the 2nd bay from the filler cap. I attempted to use a vacuum and try to suck in sealant into the leak, but that didn't work.

I'm pretty sure I'll cut a hole to gain access to fix it, but I was wondering if using a fiberscope first to see the inside of the tank if there is a better approach to fixing this leak and seeing the extent of the hole from the inside. Since its only 1 bay away from the filler cap, I should be able to get the scope inside that bay and see whats going on.

So my real question is, how valuable are fiberscopes to have for airplane maintenance?

I'm looking at maybe this ProVision300 for $119 bucks. Is this any good, or is it junk?

Hello,

Well, after pressure testing my 2nd tank, I have a leak in the rear baffle/skin joint - in the 2nd bay from the filler cap. I attempted to use a vacuum and try to suck in sealant into the leak, but that didn't work.

I'm pretty sure I'll cut a hole to gain access to fix it, but I was wondering if using a fiberscope first to see the inside of the tank if there is a better approach to fixing this leak and seeing the extent of the hole from the inside. Since its only 1 bay away from the filler cap, I should be able to get the scope inside that bay and see whats going on.

So my real question is, how valuable are fiberscopes to have for airplane maintenance?

I'm looking at maybe this ProVision300 for $119 bucks. Is this any good, or is it junk?

I wouldn't bother.
First off, all of the units that work well, cost about three times as much so it makes me wonder how well it could perform.
Second point is, if you look at it and can see something, then what? You still have to gain access to it to fix it any way.
If you know for sure where the leak is, cut the hole, fix the leak, then seal and rivet on a cover with closed end blind rivets.

camera

I had the problem of leaking tanks in my lancair. It turned out the inspection camera didn't help me find the leaks but Im glad I bought it anyway. It was nice to take a look inside the tank and see that all the glue squeezed out properly and nothing was funky in there. Your tanks are different so maybe you dont care to see inside after they are done.
I bought this off Amazon.com for $110 shipped to my door.
Its called the Milwaukee 2300-20
Go to amazon and search for it. I just checked and they still have htem for 99bucks. It works great.

clear.gif
I had the problem of leaking tanks in my lancair. It turned out the inspection camera didn't help me find the leaks but Im glad I bought it anyway. It was nice to take a look inside the tank and see that all the glue squeezed out properly and nothing was funky in there. Your tanks are different so maybe you dont care to see inside after they are done.
I bought this off Amazon.com for $110 shipped to my door.
Its called the Milwaukee 2300-20
Go to amazon and search for it. I just checked and they still have htem for 99bucks. It works great.

anyone else used this?