Skykingbob

Well Known Member
Ok....my journey started in 1996 when I bought the $5 info pack from Vans. Love flying and working with my hands.:rolleyes: Bought preview plans in 2003.:) Finally in June 2012 I figured it was time to pull the trigger....so after a discussion with my wife and stamp of approval....it has begun!!:D

Bought a RV8 tail kit in the box from DR's friend in TX. Soon after there was a post for a QB kit about 65 miles away. After negot a price I picked up the kit yesterday. The neat thing is the emp is from 2005. The QB is also from 2005. Both kits have been sitting in well stored locations and are in great condition. So in essence the "bones" of these two kits manufactured years ago will come together to ultimately fulfill the intended purpose........flight!!!!

Building in basement area (around 750 sq ft) that is climate controlled with walk out double doors. Out in the Virginia country where the secretive skunk works will be operating in the early mornings and late nights.

Let the build begin!!!

http://www.mykitlog.com/skykingbob/

Wait a minute Bob... you can not just start the build without shop inspection. Cousin and I are VAF certified inspectors get that fridge stocked. We travel to any destination :D

Congratulations!

Wait a minute Bob... you can not just start the build without shop inspection. Cousin and I are VAF certified inspectors get that fridge stocked. We travel to any destination :D

Congratulations!

What is this guy thinking? He cannot POSSIBLY start without our thorough workshop inspection! THINK SAFETY MAN! Don't ruin it for all of us! :D

Congratulations!

Vlad,

Shop is ready for your inspection anytime....about 5 miles from KCJR...just call! I am warning you.....it has a lot of space....don't want to to start sweating while you get seized by anti-claustrophobia as you are use to building in "submarine" type quarters!!!:eek:

You too Tony....stop by my ISO9001 approved aircraft manufacturing facility:D

Good job Bob!

It's very exciting Bob...yesterday you just had a tail kit and today you can crawl into the fuse and make airplane noises! :D Now that is progress!! Good for you. I will be following along as you progress and hopefully starting my own dream in a month or so. Congrats!
Jim

It's very exciting Bob...yesterday you just had a tail kit and today you can crawl into the fuse and make airplane noises! :D Now that is progress!! Good for you. I will be following along as you progress and hopefully starting my own dream in a month or so. Congrats!
Jim

Hey Jim,

You know.....after putting a little padding in the fuse....I sleep well in it too:D Beats having to sleep in the doghouse!:rolleyes: