fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:Wing tip ????

Spent the day preping/aligning/cutting the wing tips in anticipation of drilling to the wings. I noted that the outboard edge of the tip is straight except the last 12 or so inches. There is a gradual downward sweep on both tips. I can get the inboard edge to align with the aileron and can get the aft portion of the wing tip to align with the aft length of the aileron. So.....

Questions: Are the tips swept either up or down (I thought they were swept up)? Or are they supposed to be straight on the outboard edge.

I have read the forums on this subject but there is no info that I could find on this ...other than heat can be used to mold the fiber glass to what you want (with in small limits......I have experience in fiberglass but have found the heat trick very limited at best and creats problems with the part at the worst).

Thanks

Frank @ SGU RV7A wing tip plus last 10000000000000 details

Spent the day preping/aligning/cutting the wing tips in anticipation of drilling to the wings. I noted that the outboard edge of the tip is straight except the last 12 or so inches. There is a gradual downward sweep on both tips. I can get the inboard edge to align with the aileron and can get the aft portion of the wing tip to align with the aft length of the aileron. So.....

Questions: Are the tips swept either up or down (I thought they were swept up)? Or are they supposed to be straight on the outboard edge.

I have read the forums on this subject but there is no info that I could find on this ...other than heat can be used to mold the fiber glass to what you want (with in small limits......I have experience in fiberglass but have found the heat trick very limited at best and creats problems with the part at the worst).

Thanks

Frank @ SGU RV7A wing tip plus last 10000000000000 details

I lined my wingtips up with ailerons on my -7A. It made the most sense to me.

RE:??????????/

Man the closer I get to the end of this project the moe it seem i am making some rookie mistakes...................

This AM took a string and pulled tight on the out board edges of both wing tips and they are in fact "straight as a string"

Also pulled the string on the aft edge........also straight as a string.....

Go figure.......I really don't drink strong beverages so I really must be a rookie after 3.25 years of building this machine.:eek:

Frank @ SGU RV7A.....last 1000000000000000 details