fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:Tip Up/Rear Window ?

I am in the process of completing all those finish up details......I guess I am about 97% done but 97% to go..

I have decided on a possible course of action to seal the rear window (tip up style) but would like to get imput on how others with real world expeience of sealed them successfuly.

By the way I want to take this opportunity to tell all you folks thanks for another great year of building advice, wonderful stories, safety information, pictures, and those great flight videos. I hope to join you RV Griners this coming year....................:D

Merry Christmas and please have a very safe/fun/happy/New Year

Frank @ SGU RV7A...................NDY........BGC............

Gary Bricker

Several of us have used Sek-o-Flex (spelling) to glue the complete canopy in. The rear window on my tip up was a cake walk.
Step 1: Fit the widow like you like it. Maybe 3/4 to 1 1/2 inside the rear deck skin.
Step 2: Scuff where the glue will go.
Step 3: Tape off window to make a nice straight line. I allowed a small amount so the primer would look like the inside edge was painted like a window in some cars.
Step 4: Clean and prime and glue in. I used some beech balls to hold in place until dry. If you need more info send me a PM and I will send my phone #