fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: PMag/EMS D120 Tach?

Hi

Getting ready to light the fire in my engine....but....I would like to get you folks that have the Dynon EMS D120 / PMag combo Tach wiring setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.......

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A.... NDY.....

D10

I have a Dynon D10. Just connected ONE of the tach wires to the #6 slot on the Pmag connector No Resistor. Works fine.

Last edited:
Hi

Getting ready to light the fire in my engine....but....I would like to get you folks that have the Dynon EMS D120 / PMag combo Tach wiring setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.......

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A.... NDY.....

So I guess I will search the forum....what ya know......:eek:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=24473&highlight=d120+tach+signal

I am getting old........but I guess my question should have been more specfic both time I asked it......

Wire direct with no resistor.....or wire with resistor?????? It would appear to me WIRE DIRECT.......??????????????

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A....

Wire direct with no resistor.....or wire with resistor?????? It would appear to me WIRE DIRECT.......??????????????

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A....
No resistor for me. Give it a try, you can always add the resistor if it doesn't work.

YUP

Wired direct!!

You can from memory set the Pmag or the Dynon for one or two pulses per rev..But the new Pmags pump out a 12V signal which works perfect on the Dynon.

I think you can adjust the output of the voltage between 5 and 12V using the EICAD program for the P mag too
so lots of things to tweak to make it work right.

Have fun!

Frank1