fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE:pDF to Turbocad and vica versa

Hi to all you computer software guru's....

I am looking for and inexpensive software program that will allow me to convert from a PDF format to turbocad ( http://turbocad-learning-edition.software.informer.com/ ) and then back to PDF.
I note that many folks have their info in the PDF style. So I guess the broader question for me would be software availability on the cheap side to beable to not just view PDF but to write to PDF.

I am in the process of doing my POH, owners manual, build logs, etc......as I near the completion of my 7A project.:D

Thanks in advance for any and all help......

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... painting

Last edited:
CorelDraw is great for the $

Frank,

I'd recommend 'CorelDraw X3', it's inexpensive for all it does and handles .dxf to .pdf (and vice versa.) I think you can pick it up for about $90 if you google 'buy cheap software'.

The latest version is 'CorelDraw X4' but isn't worth the extra $ at this time (in my opinion.)

The tools are fairly intuitive but may require a little learning to get the basics if you haven't worked with other drawing programs.

Many graphic professionals use CorelDraw, the true industry standard is Adobe Illustrator but that program runs about $600 from my experience.

You can also create your own aircraft graphics in CorelDraw and send them to almost any sign shop for cutting to vinyl decals.

Stan

Creating PDF's is actually easy and *free*, just install the CutePDF printer driver and print to it to create pdf's from anything.

I've also used CorelDraw to read pdfs, convert them to vectors (where appropriate) and then to print them back out.