fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: Hangar Space ?????? keep the faith !!!!!

As I approach ever so slowly the final steps in building my RV7A, I have begun the process of trying to find it a home. I had the faith (three years ago when I started) that one would surely be available. BUT, my recent inquiries to my local EAA Chapter, airport friends, and anyone that would listen to my plea have come up short. In short as Christmas approaches there is no long term space available at the two airports close to my home ( SGU and 1L8 ). SGU (3 miles from home) is just about to begin construction of a new airport and thus no new hangers are being built and what hangers are there are already full of airplanes plus other stuff. 1L8 (25 miles away)has had some ground settling problems and thus have greatly limited the number of new hangers and just like SGU what hangers that are there are full of planes and yes the other toys of the folks that own them.
So why not just move you ask.......and I would say are you willing to pay my alimony payments. My sweet wife has been real willing and supportive of the build and the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ expended on the plane but would draw the line at moving to a area that has better airport hanger availablity. So once again FAITH is my only hope at this time. I have faith that in January 2008 when I must move to an airport hanger to finish the last details something will happen to allow me hanger space.

My reason for writing this is to vent my anguish to my best RV friends, to say, "those of you that either own a hanger, live on an airpark, or have hangers available close to home for lease or rent are real fortunate........and.....to let those that may read this that are in the early phases of the build.......DON"T...... procrastinate looking for a good home for you plane now.

Thanks for your listening ear and like me please keep the faith during all phases of your RV experience.:)

Frank @ SGU I hope!!!!!!!! 96% done 90% to go..........PHONE HOME

I feel your pain. I am number 82 on a waiting list that was recently updated, and the guy who is number one has been waiting for over 5 years. They may be building some new hangers in a few years, but not THAT many. Unless I get really lucky, my future plane will be spending a few years outside. :(

the list

is there really even a list. i was told i was on a list, but i could get it any time i wanted.:confused: when i did go to get it,because the community hanger was evicting all its tennants, i was suddenly on "THE LIST" again. i head them because i was next. i could tell they didnt want to turn it loose..but in the end they did. they had already told me to much. ;) i rented it to a fella that was evicted for now.

RE:WHY???

is there really even a list. i was told i was on a list, but i could get it any time i wanted.:confused: when i did go to get it,because the community hanger was evicting all its tennants, i was suddenly on "THE LIST" again. i head them because i was next. i could tell they didnt want to turn it loose..but in the end they did. they had already told me to much. ;) i rented it to a fella that was evicted for now.

Do you have any idea as to why the original folks were evicted.....for cause or just a whim.......:eek:

Frank @ SGU I hope .......96% done 90% to go

Don't you love the hangars all of the country that are being used for storage sheds and not airplane hangars. It seems that hangars rent for less than large storage sheds of equal space so people use them for storing household stuff or antique cars etc.

I guess some airports limit this activity but looks like allot do not at least around here they don't.

Stinks when you see a waiting list hanging on the wall of the FBO and then you drive down the hangar row and see several full of junk with no space for an airplane.

Last edited:
Try posting an add at the airport to share hangar space. I couldn't even get a tie down space at Fullerton. They're building new hangars, but rent is pricey. But I found someone who was looking to share is hangar. He has a high wing Aeronca. So they both fit nice. Hang in there.