aerolite

Re: Guess who's night current.

Nothing technical here but I just couldn't help making a comment. I have always figured Doug to be a good guy, what with starting this site and being an RV owner ect ect..... but the comment about listening to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" on the way to the airport just solidified that thought! What a way to start the night off!
Hey, I thought all you Texas guys were country fans :)

Steve

aerolite said:
snip...Hey, I thought all you Texas guys were country fans :)
Steve
Well, I do know my way around the Martin D28 fretboard and have been known to play a Lyle Lovett song or two <g>. Or three <g>.

b,d

ps: We're all clouded in with drizzle and yuck right now in DFW. Oregon simulation mode. Glad I went flying last night when it was clear!

We swapped weather....

DeltaRomeo said:
ps: We're all clouded in with drizzle and yuck right now in DFW. Oregon simulation mode. Glad I went flying last night when it was clear!

We are sunny in the mid 60's today. :p
Tomorrow - light rain, Friday - drizzle, Saturday - showers, Sunday - cloud sweat. :eek:

Kent

Night currency

Doug:

So I'm assuming you did three landings to a full stop, right? I mean it is a tail dragger. And it is nightime. And I seem to recall from my FARs that's what you need to be considered current :rolleyes: hmmm?

I'm sure you did, and if not, there's always tonight.

Cheers.

Chris

Actually I really did! Denton's runway is long enough to land / stop / takeoff again. After two at DTO I went back to 52F (overhead break of course - looked pretty cool with the landing beam shafts sticking out :D ). Three honest to goodness full stop night landings.
b,d

chrispratt said:
Doug:

So I'm assuming you did three landings to a full stop, right? I mean it is a tail dragger. And it is nightime. And I seem to recall from my FARs that's what you need to be considered current :rolleyes: hmmm?

I'm sure you did, and if not, there's always tonight.

Cheers.

Chris

Stop n go

not touch and go.

Got it .....lets make sure we say something intelligent and nothing incriminating. No telling who is lurking out there.

I think a lot of people tend to think in terms of three night landings to stay current and that is pretty easy to get. We get in late and land at night. The regs, of course, also require three night takeoffs. For we casual weekend types, that almost requires a special trip such as Doug made.

Wow. You know someone from RFOW, Doug?

As an avid fan of Christian music (trust me, the genre has come a LONG way since the days of Sandy Patty and the Gaither Family), I'm familiar with them. I like their sound.

I was wondering how you managed to get permission to use one of their tracks. :D

jrsites said:
snip...
I was wondering how you managed to get permission to use one of their tracks. :D
I eat lunch M-F with the guy who wrote and recorded the song <g>. I just asked!

b,d